Their proprietary design has ovality of 10% and timing of 112° after TDC (top dead center). These values provide the benefits of an oval ring without the drawbacks of greater ovality or more aggressive timing.
The simplest way to explain how they "feel" is that where your pedal stroke is weakest it feels like you have a 2 teeth less on the chainring and where you have the most power it feels like you have 2 more teeth. They feel this way because with the radius of the chainring constantly changing, the torque needed to turn the cranks is constantly changing to better match your power output. Example: a 34t chainring feels like a 32t in the weak part of your pedal stroke and a 36t in the part of the stroke where your legs have the most power.
- These rings fit any 104 BCD crankset, and here are instructions onhow to measure your BCD.
- For 1x9, 1x10, or 1x11 drivetrains
- Compatible with all 10 and 11 speed chains.
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
Chainring bolts that are optimized for 1x
- All sizes of our elliptical 104 BCD chainrings have threaded standoffs like our round 104 x 30t. Wolf Tooth 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring and/or this ring with their perfectly sized and matching bashring.
Their 104 BCD bashrings are optimized for use with their 104 and 64 BCD rings
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patent pending Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - black, blue, red, and gold
- Chainline (approximate as BB centering and cranksets vary) - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
- Threaded to use M8 chainring bolts (no nuts required)
- Ovality of 10% and timing of 112° after TDC (top dead center)
- Maximum diameter is that of a chainring 2t bigger than the size you order (so be sure there is adequate chainstay clearance!)
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, Wolf Tooth recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight - 32T= 41g, 34T= 48g, 36T= 55g