Wolf Tooth was first to market with Cyclocross 1x specific chainrings because they saw Cyclocross as the perfect use for our Drop-Stop® technology. Since their release, the uses for these rings has expanded beyond Cyclocross to commuting, gravel riding, and even full on Road applications with the giant 52t rings!
- These rings are for use with 130 BCD 5 arm cranksets. Here is how to measure your BCD.
- Do NOT fit on the cranksets for Shimano DA 9000 / Ultegra 6800
- Not compatible with Campy CX10/11.
- Can be mounted in either the big or small ring position of a double crankset given chainstay clearance in the small ring position.
- 38T important note: The chain may contact the spider arm slightly when using the 38T chainring (see last photo in the product images).
- Wolf Tooth recommend filing a small chamfer on the spider arm but you can also just install it and let the chain do the work. This is only an issue with the 38T as the 130 BCD was designed for 39T smallest ring.
- For 1x9, 1x10, or 1x11 drivetrains
- Compatible with all 10 and 11 speed chains.
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
Chainring bolts - we recommend our 6mm bolts which are optimized of single ring mounting
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patent pending Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- Material 7075-T6
- Colors - black
- Chainline - varies - these rings can be mounted in either the big or small ring position on a double cranksets. The most common mounting is in the big ring position because of chainstay clearance. The ring centerline is ~2mm from the ring's mounting face so they usually sit about 2mm closer to the frame than the stock big ring (depends on the stock ring)
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, Wolf Tooth recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight - 38t - 52g, 40t - 60g, 42t - 62g, 44t - 79g, 52t - 132g