Wolf Tooth did their homework on this cog and they think you will be pleased with the result! This 16t cog smooths out the cog to cog transition when usingour GC and a standard 10 speed 11-36 cassette. You should expect this to shift well and last as long as the rest of your cassette cogs of similar size.
Here are the transitions WITHOUT the 16t cog (4 tooth max jump):
- Remove the 15t -> 11-13-17-19....
- Remove the 17t -> 11-13-15-19...
Here are the transitions WITH the 16t cog (3 tooth max jump):
- Remove 15t & 17t-> 11-13-16-19...
Shimano 10 speed cassettes
- XT 11-36t (CS-M771)
- XTR 11-36t (CS-M980)
- Other 11-36t shimano cassettes like SLX HG81 11-36t - Modification required (must drill out rivets holding the 17t to the larger cogs)
SRAM 10 speed cassettes
- PG 1030, 1050, and 1070 - 11-36 and 12-36
- X0 11-36t(XG - 1080) - Remove the 14t rather than the 17t
- See detailed instructions on our tech page: 16T instructions
- The cog is 1.6mm thick and weighs 17g